查看原文
其他

中英双语阅读289 | Night on the Prairies

每天分享一篇中英双语阅读,对英语口语的练习很有帮助,也是积累英语考试中写作,翻译素材的好资料,加油吧!

中英双语美文289

Night on the Prairies

草原之夜

文:Walt Whitman 

瓦尔特·惠特曼


Night on the prairies,

草原的夜晚,


The supper is over, the fire on the ground burns low,

晚餐过了,活在地上轻轻的燃烧,


The wearied emigrants sleep, wrapt in their blankets;

疲倦了的牧民过着他们的毯子睡着了,


I walk by myself -- I stand and look at the stars,

我独自散步---我站着观望星星。


which I think nownever realized before.

那些我以前从没有注意过的星星。


Now I absorb immortality and peace,

现在我想着永生与和平,


I admire death and test propositions.

我羡慕死亡,我思考各种问题。


How plenteous! how spiritual! how resume!

多么丰饶!多么高尚!多么简明哟!


The same old man and soul -- the same old aspirations, and the same  content.

同样的一个老人和灵魂——同样的旧有的渴望,同样的满足。


I was thinking the day most splendid till I saw what the not-day  exhibited,

直到我看见非白天所展示的一切,我一直以为白天最为光辉灿烂,


I was thinking this globe enough till there sprang out so  noiseless around me myriads of other globes.

直到在我的周围无声地涌现出千万个其他的地球,我一直以为这个地球已经很足够。


Now while the great thoughts of space and eternity fill me I will  measure myself by them,

现在空间和永恒的伟大思想己充满了我,我要以它们来测量我自己,


And now touch'd with the lives of other globes arrived as far  along as those of the earth,

现在我接触到别的星球的生命,这生命跟大地上的生命一样来自遥远的地方,


Or waiting to arrive, or pass'd on farther than those of the  earth,

或是将要来到,或是已经超过了大地上的生命,


I henceforth no more ignore them than I ignore my own life,

此后我将不再漠视它们,正如我不漠视我自己的生命,


Or the lives of the earth arrived as far as mine, or waiting to  arrive.

或者那些在大地上跟我一样进展的,或将要来到的生命。


O I see now that life cannot exhibit all to me, as the day  cannot,

啊,我现在看出生命不能向我展示出所有的一切,白天也不能展示出所有的一切,


I see that I am to wait for what will be exhibited by death.

我看出我得等待那将由死展示出来的东西。

THE END


47篇经典BBC纪录片合集,收藏学习吧!
322篇Ted英文演讲视频集合,收藏~
20部学英语必看的电影,每一部都是经典!
55岁基努·里维斯公开恋情,十年好友终成正果!(附3个经典视频)王力宏好莱坞获大奖,全英文致辞赢得全场掌声!
《西部世界》1-2季中英视频资源免费领(视频+剧本+追剧笔记)
【141个英文视频合集】口语听力必备资源
260篇双语阅读美文大合集,送给你~20本这一生一定要读的英文小说~

    您可能也对以下帖子感兴趣

    文章有问题?点此查看未经处理的缓存